Monday, July 25, 2011

The tortoise


This past month I have been doing the intensive summer protion for my master's degree. I have one week left of class work for this summer and am totally exhausted. It has been really difficult but super rewarding. I have learned so many practical TESOL applications and a lot of great theory. The best part has been that I have actually done quite well. I was really worried that I did not have the memory or the brain power to do the work but I was completely wrong. While it hasn't been easy, I have been much better at scheduling my time and remembering things than I ever thought possible. So by next Friday, I will have finished (except for some field work requirements) three classes out of the ten I need for the program. I feel kind of like the hare in the story of the tortoise and the hare. I have worked non-stop for the past four weeks. However, it may take me a few more years to actually complete the program so in the end I will be taking the tortoise's approach and not the hare's.

No comments: